On behalf of the Durrant House Hotel, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience the Covid-19 crisis may be causing you or your family.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, guests and customers is our main priority. We have been following government and World Health Organisation advice against preventing the spread of COVID-19 and have continued to put additional hygiene precautions in place.
We want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to minimise risk. We have raised many of our procedures beyond the protocols required by the authorities:
- We have enhanced our Sanitising and cleaning of all bedrooms, dining areas, public areas, toilets and all touch points in the hotel. We are regularly sanitizing touch points at intervals throughout the day.
- We have put in place procedures for fogging each bedroom after use. After each bedroom has been accommodated by a guest, this bedroom will be off let for a period of days, where we will sanitize the room, fog the room and deep clean.
- In our dining areas we will be using larger tables for a smaller amount of guests on each table; we will also be leaving more space between each table, to spread guests out at dining times.
- We are actively asking guests to wash and sanitise their hands before entering the dining areas, as well as on entering the hotel.
- We have hand sanitisers in all public toilets and areas of the hotel. We are actively asking guests to use this at the Bar, Reception, spa and entrance to dining areas. We also have them readily available for people to use at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Hand wash is in all toilets and signs are in place to ask guests to use this regularly. Again we are actively asking guests to wash their hands prior to dining.
- We have been sanitising all touch points in the hotel regularly, this includes but is not limited to; remote controls, card machines, key cards and door handles.
- We are leaving doors open where possible to avoid anyone having to manually open doors where unnecessary.
- Following this, we ask that all of our guests follow the preventative measures against Covid-19 and follow government and WHO advice.
Basic preventative measures against covid-19
- Wash your hands frequently. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing. Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
We hope these policies will reinforce your confidence for your visit to the Durrant House Hotel.
Durrant House Hotel